Red Rubber is recommended for service in cold and hot water, air, and some weak acids. It should not be used with strong acids, oils, grease, and chlorates. Red Rubber sheet is a copolymer of styrene and butadiene with properties very similar to Natural Rubber and can be readily substituted as a low price alternative. It has generally good physical properties making it an economical gasket material. Red Rubber conforms easily to uneven flange surfaces, has good abrasion resistance, excellent impact strength, very good resilience and a high tensile strength.
- Meets ASME B16.21 for 150 Class gaskets
- Dimensions: ASME B16.5 (Except 30" which is ASME B16.47 Series A)
- Max. Temperature: 170°F (77°C)
- Min. Temperature: -20°F (-29°C)
- Max. Pressure: 200 PSIG (13.8 Bar)
- Max Pressure x Temperature (PxT) - 20,000 (°F x PSIG)